Teuscher Walpole, a growing public accounting firm located in Draper, Utah, is seeking an Audit Manager. Our philosophy is to create and maintain an excellent work environment which encourages professional growth. Our staff is provided with specialized on the job training to help them be knowledgeable and able to add additional insight to the challenges.
We are looking for a candidate who is well-organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Someone committed to providing superior client service, our Audit Managers possess excellent critical thinking skills and have a strong background in performing audits (document process flows/narratives, assess design operational effectiveness of internal controls) and can carry out their work with little-to-no supervision, including during our busiest seasons where some overtime will be required. Managers can participate in practice development by playing a leading role in marketing the firm and for a long-term relationship to include advancement to partner for the right fit.
An audit manager will direct engagements or projects and will be responsible for the proper performance of all phases of the engagement which includes coordinating with the partner on audit planning and fieldwork as well as communication with key client personnel. An audit manager is an integral part of our firm management team. Professional skills of an audit manager include ability to work with clients to assess their needs, ability to supervise senior and staff work to assure accurate completion in a timely manner, ability to organize and plan multiple engagements, and establish workload priorities. Competency and technical skill sets include knowing and upholding firm and industry standards with superior knowledge of professional, accounting, and audit standards. Should be able to express professional issues in clear and understandable written and oral communication. Personal characteristics desired are trustworthiness, integrity, professional in appearance in attitude and commitment to client service and ability to be a leader.
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant
- 6+ years of experience handling advanced assignments in audit planning and fieldwork as well as client service
- Experienced with training and mentoring of staff accountants
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAS)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley legislation, including related frameworks (COSO)
- 100% Paid Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance*
- 100% Paid Life Insurance*
- Health Savings Account with Company Contributions*
- 22 Fridays off during off seasons (32 hour work week)
- 10 paid holidays 6 days of sick leave
- Flexible schedule
- *Available after 60 days